- First, take advantage of U.S. domestic energy resources and make America energy independent.
- Second, improve education and job training, in part by increasing school choice and changing the way teachers are hired and evaluated.
- Third, curtail unfair trade practices by other countries, especially those of China who are manipulating currency and killing American jobs.
- Fourth, cut the federal deficit by reducing federal spending below 20% of GDP.
- Fifth, champion small business in America by cutting taxes and regulations, and by overturning Obamacare.
- Invest in education, research and technology to grow the economy for the long term.
- Reform the tax code (tax increases) to create jobs and pay down the deficit.
- End wars and rebuild America.
- Invest in clean energy made here in America(less oil/gas).
- Lead the world in college graduates by 2020.
- Expand access to affordable health care for all Americans.
But their positions on abortion were very different. Ryan said his faith – combined with “reason and science” – led him to oppose legalized abortion, and that “the policy of a Romney administration is to oppose abortion with exceptions for rape, incest and the life of the mother.”Biden admitted his views on abortion are in conflict with his church. “In the church’s judgment, life begins at conception, but I refuse to impose that view on equally devout Christians, Muslims and Jews, Biden said.
“The next president will get one or two Supreme Court nominees,” Biden said. “That’s how close Roe v. Wade is. … Don’t you think Mitt is likely to appoint someone like Scalia or someone else on the court that is far right that would outlaw legalized abortions?” Let’s hope so. Legalized abortion in America is something that should be stopped and is a sin against our Creator.
Throughout the debate, Biden was rude, condescending, unprofessional and generally a cranky old man. Ryan was polite and at times a little reserved. He did not get rattled by Biden’s over the top antics, but kept his head and answered the questions thoroughly.