Monday, February 11, 2008

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRESS RELEASE



As of today, Monday February 11, 2008, I am withdrawing from the National Committeeman race in Oklahoma. While my level of activism at the county and district level will not diminish, I believe the rigors of the National Committeeman office would take away from important areas in my life that I neglect already. The duties of the National Committeeman added to my already full schedule would take away time that I should properly be investing in my family.

My son and his family, including my three grandsons, are moving to Arlington, Texas this week. They have been living in southern Alabama- a 16-hour drive from Oklahoma. God has been so gracious to me by giving me a great wife, two children, their spouses and three grandchildren. They are the reason I am actively involved in the political process. I believe it’s crucial we “stand in the gap” and leave our children and grandchildren something worth leaving as a country and as a society. That said, I don’t want my son, daughter or grandchild to stand at the head of my casket and only be able to say- STEVE WAS A GOOD REPUBLICAN. I want them to also be able to add I was a good husband, father, and grandfather.

That coupled with the fact that we still have a lot to do in Stephens County and the 4th District. In the county, I want to see our two incumbent Republican legislators reelected and our candidate for HD #51 win. I want our Sheriff's candidate to win and break the Democrat stronghold on the Stephens County courthouse. In the 4th district, I want to develop a network of training and encouragement within the 16 county GOP organizations that will provide the tools to get principled Republicans elected to office.

I so appreciate the support and encouragement of so many people that I received after my announcement. You can rest assured my involvement in the party will not wane in the coming months and years. God bless you all.

Steve Fair



405.990.7449- cell



No comments: