Thursday, February 7, 2008


No boos, but applause greet frontrunner from conservatives!

MCCAIN'S REMARKS TO C-PAC

.............My Friends..............


"Like you, I believe liberty is a right conferred by our creator, not by government. I am very proud to have come to public office as a Reagan footsoldier." "My record- taken as a whole- over the past 25 years prove that I am a true conservative." " I campaigned against big government and mandated health care." "I have worked to make the Bush tax cuts permanent." "I have proudly defended my 24 year pro-life record." "I will offer Americans a clearly conservative approach to governing." "I will stand on my conservative convictions and that conservative principles still appeal to conservative Republicans and conservative Reagan Democrats." " I will not sign a bill with ANY earmarks in it and I can assure you that Senator Coburn will hold me to it." "Senator Clinton and Senator Obama will raise your taxes- I will lower them. I will start by making the Bush tax cuts permanent."

Boos were heard throughout the room when McCain mentioned immigration. He paused and said he has pledged that securing our borders first is top priority. The loudest applause came when he spoke of his unwavering support for the war. Chants of JOHN MCCAIN were heard throughout the hall. As McCain concluded his remarks and was walking off the stage, Dr. Coburn told him "Well Done- well done."

No comments: