Monday, January 7, 2008

KRISPY KREME PHOTO REMOVED!
When I announced my candidacy for Oklahoma Republican National Committeeman, several other blogs used the image on Fair & Biased in the announcement showing me in a Krispy Kreme cap in front of the nation's capital. While I don't take myself seriously, I want people to take my candidacy seriously and understand that while I HAVE FUN IN POLITICS- my primary motivation for being involved is to improve our government- to get principled people elected to office- to help build a grassroots organization within the Republican party.
That's way I changed the photo. I can assure you I ain't "putting on airs" (Aunt Eller from Oklahoma), but attempting to present myself in a more appropriate way for the office in which I am seeking. I love the Krispy Kreme photograph. It was taken for a "marketing calendar" we distribute each year in the food industry. That photograph has graced the walls of dozens of corporate food executives- at least for a month- and served to "lighten" things up in business. Adam Smith, our Stephens County District Committeeman and a computer genius, photo shopped in the Capital which added a little extra zip.
During the course of the next several months, I hope to meet many of you as I campaign for this important job. Call or email me anytime you have suggestions or comments.

No comments: