Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SOAP BOX
by Charlie Daniels(CDB pictured above)
Posted August 11, 2008

Last week I wrote a column about far-left liberals and some of you had some comments about what could be said about far-right conservatives. So in the interest of fair play we'll explore the other side of the equation. I am a far-right conservative. I believe in the accumulation of wealth earned by the sweat of your brow or the intelligence of your mind. I believe that everybody who is able should work for a living and nobody is entitled to lifelong benefits from an over-bloated government.I believe that a person should be able to keep the lion's share of what they earn. I believe in fair taxes but not in the nanny state, cradle-to-grave coddling that discourages productivity and encourages illegitimate birth of children to irresponsible parents who continue to create generation after generation of welfare families who actually think they're entitled to stay on the dole all their lives. I believe in charity to those who truly need it, but I believe that our welfare program surpassed that standard long ago and that a large share of the money paid out by government programs ends up in the pockets of drug dealers, in the cash registers of liquor stores and in the coffers of bookies. I also believe that charity should given from the heart and not be mandated by the government.I believe that when a man fathers a child he should be forced to provide for the child until it reaches the age of majority, whether it be one child or ten, and if they should fail to do so be kept in prison. I believe that life begins at conception, period. I believe that all Americans should be able to afford healthcare, but I don't believe the government is capable of handling it. Look at the fraud the Medicare program has brought on.I believe there should be a twenty-year minimum prison sentence for those who steal other people's identity.I believe in the death penalty in cases of cold-blooded murder and also in the cruel rape of a child. I believe that a child molester is the lowest form of scum walking on the planet and that anybody who cruelly violates an innocent child deserves a life sentence when the death penalty can't be applied.I believe that the Islamic crazies are blood enemies of the United States of America and all free men everywhere and it is an us or them situation. Either we destroy them or they destroy us. To think anything less is unbelievably naive.I don't have all the answers to our current energy crisis, but have enough gray matter to know that we can't make it through the decades we need to develop alternative energy sources without oil, and along with the help of a few new refineries. Yes, we can drill our way out of this situation and will need to, at least for the next few years.I believe that the United States should take a great national pride in what we have accomplished in the last century, the prosperity and technological advances, and be thankful that we are number one. I believe that we should do all we can to clean up our atmosphere and waters, but at the end of the day, if the rest of the world doesn't do the same thing it's not going to be enough.We should only bear our own responsibility, not be penalized for things we have no control over. If you've been watching the Olympics from China you'll know what I'm talking about.I've never seen a spotted owl but I know we have plenty of owls of some kind or another in my part of the country and they have no problem prospering where the timber is harvested and civilization abounds. Since snail darters are microscopic I don't know if we have them around or not, but I'm not really worried about them. Maybe they're all over at Al Gore's house.I believe that the Supreme Court should be apolitical, not influenced by the right or the left but a personal heartfelt interpretation of the Constitution.I want the government to protect my country, pave the interstates and get the heck out of the rest of my life. I don't need them to tell me which doctor I can go to, what kind of car I can drive or what light bulbs I can use and I know for a fact it doesn't take a village to raise my kids, it takes a family.If you ask me a question I will try to give you an answer, not ask you another question.My political philosophies will stand tall in the light of truth.I think Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi care much less about the American public than the proliferation of their own power. I believe they are extremely dangerous to the future of this nation.I believe that legal marriage can only exist between a man and a woman.I believe that this country… No, I know that this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and no amount of revisionist history or politically correct parsing can change that truth. I believe that man was created by Almighty God and subject to His judgment, a fact that will become perfectly clear to every person ever born on this Earth in the days to come.I believe that the United Nations is a corrupt, sad joke and takes up space on valuable property in New York, which could be put to a much better use, even if it was used for a trash dump.I believe in the sovereignty of nations, I do not believe in global government or global controls. I believe America should look out for the interests of America and our allies and stop playing up to the people who want to harm us.I believe that we should be as friendly and cooperative as we can with European nations, but we have absolutely no reason to imitate them.I do not believe that America should be the policeman for the world.I believe that CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, The Washington Post and many of the weekly magazines and Internet sites are in the tank for the libs. They hate opposing opinions and have no qualms about playing fast and loose with the truth.As far as Fox News being fair and balanced goes, it's been so long since you libs have heard a voice of reason that you think every media source that doesn't totally agree with you is a mouthpiece for the Republican party.I believe that General David Petraeus is a military genius. I believe the surge is a smashing success and I believe our military is the best on the planet.I believe that not to maintain the strongest and most technologically advanced military and intelligence services on Earth would be the height of folly. I will readily admit that President George W. Bush has made mistakes, but show me one president who hasn't. I predict that down the road people will look back at his presidency and admit, some people very grudgingly, that he was a leader, not a follower of polls who stuck his finger into the wind every day to see which way opinion was blowing.I believe that America is the greatest country the world has ever known, with more freedom, more opportunity and the biggest heart of any nation on Earth.If you have a guilt complex about living in America and sharing in it's greatness and prosperity, there is an easy remedy. Empty your bank account, sell your belongings and give it all to a third world country and use the last of it to buy yourself a plane ticket there.What do you think?Pray for our troops. God Bless America Charlie Daniels

No comments: