Friday, August 31, 2007

C L O S E C A L L !
On Tuesday night, August 28th- my son's 31st birthday- I was sitting in a restaurant in Mexico City called Rincon Argentino when a number of Mexican federal police and military entered the place. They ordered everyone "not to move" and to get down on the floor. They herded out about a dozen well-dressed men that had been sitting a couple of table over from us. It seems this was a BIG bust. We knew it was something big because Mexican elected officials begin to pour into the place after the incident to talk to the owner of the restaurant. When I got back on Thursday, my associate in Mexico called me and told me the Mexican press was reporting that we were dining with FIVE OF THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MEN. CNN has a story on the bust- click on the link below to read about it. Frightening world we live in! By the way, I did have a great steak there. We stayed and finished our dinner.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/08/29/mexico.drugs.reut/index.html

No comments: