Sunday, March 2, 2008

STEVE FAIR IS FIRST OKLAHOMA NATIONAL GOP DELEGATE!
I was elected as a Republican National Delegate at the 4th District Convention in Ardmore on Saturday. I was elected to the first slot, so technically I was the first national delegate elected in 2008. Thanks to Representative Johnson and Senator Sykes for nominating and seconding me respectfully. Their superior persuasive skills and my being the 4th district Chair probably were the reason I was the first delegate selected.
Also elected as delegates were the 4th district Vice Chair Majorie Brown and Oklahoma County Chair Pam Pollard. Cleveland County activist Bobby Cleveland won the elector slot. Over 300 delegates gathered in Carter County for the first time in state history to hold a Republican convention. The facility was outstanding, the food great and the reviews on the convention have been good. I am honored and humbled to be elected as delegate and look forward to attending the national convention. For more information on upcoming Oklahoma GOP events, go to okgop.com.
Steve

No comments: